About the Awards
The Awards are a submission and site visit based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase South Australia’s finest tourism operators.
The South Australian Tourism Awards form part of the Australian Tourism Awards enabling our top South Australian tourism products and experiences to attain national recognition.
Entry to the 2014 SA Tourism Awards is open to all South Australian tourism operators.
The South Australian Tourism Awards aim to:
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence in our tourism industry
- Encourage and celebrate creativity, professionalism and innovation
- Promote business planning and development amongst tourism operators
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within our tourism industry
- Encourage the continual raising of standards among tourism operators in South Australia
- Reinforce the value of the tourism industry
- Strengthen consumer confidence in the tourism industry
- Promote an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike
- Provide an opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Australian Tourism Awards and compete on a national level
- Be recognised and raise your reputation as an outstanding tourism operator
- Identify the full potential of your business
- A kick start to your annual business planning
- Receive feedback from industry leaders, giving you a competitive edge
- Benchmark against your competitors
- Build morale and motivate your staff
- Use your submission as a benchmark to improve your bottom line
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses in your business and identify any organisational gaps
- Review business goals and record achievements
- Analyses the effectiveness of your marketing activities
- Receive recognition of excellence by your peers
Watch our mini-series of web videos featuring Keith Conlon:
Depending on the standard of entry, entrants may be acknowledged with a gold, silver or bronze medal. The winner (the entrant with the highest score) in each category will go on to contest the Australian Tourism Awards.