Rules for Entry
1. You are encouraged to enter the category that best reflects your core business. If entering more than one category, then a separate and complete entry must be submitted electronically for each category.
2. Achievements or activities referred to within your entry must relate to the qualifying period 1 July 2013 – 31 March 2014
Entrants must have traded for the entire qualifying period.
Exceptions apply to seasonal facilities and the following categories;
- Festivals and Events.
Where the activity being put forward for consideration must have occurred within 1 May 2013 - 30 April 2014.
3. Unanswered questions will attract zero points. If you feel that you cannot answer a question please discuss this with the Yorke Peninsula Tourism Awards Coordinator. If you still feel the question is not relevant please explain your reasons within your submission. Please note that appendices or supporting documents are not required and will not be judged.
4. Entrants must be based or operate within the Yorke Peninsula tourism region.
5. An entrant, such as a chain or franchise that has multiple products, must enter each product individually if they want each business to be able to promote the achievement of winning a tourism award. Alternatively the business may enter but the logo may only be used by the corporate entity, not the individual products.
6. An entry cannot be moved into another category following the closing date for lodgement of submissions
7. If at any time following submission of an entry the business being put forward goes into administration, voluntary receivership, liquidation or bankruptcy, the entrant is required to advise the Yorke Peninsula Tourism Awards Coordinator and accepts that the submission will no longer be eligible for an award.
8. There is no direct entry into the South Australian Tourism Awards. If you wish to enter the South Australian Tourism Awards, you must submit a nomination once the nomination period commences. Only South Australian tourism award winners in categories 1 through 28 will be nominated as finalists in the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
Compliance with Competition Rules
To ensure consistency and fairness in judging, the Rules for Entry must be strictly met. Failure to adhere to the five formatting rules below will incur a deduction of one point per rule stated.
Note: In some categories the competition is very close and the deduction of any points could be the difference between winning and losing.
1. Cover Page: the cover page of the submission must be included and must be clearly marked with:
- the name of the business entered;
- the category entered; and
- an image (s) representative of the product entered.
(Note: the cover page is not included in the 15 page allowance)
2. Font: All font (questions, answers, tables) within your submission must be 12 point Times New Roman, Calibri, Tahoma or Arial with the exception of:
- Image captions
- Testimonial quotes
Which must be a minimum of 8 points.
No variation such as narrow or condensed font styles is acceptable. There is no margin requirement.
3. Text: All text should be 1½ line spacing (Microsoft Word) with the following exceptions:
- Text contained within a table
- Question text
- Image captions
which can be single line spaced.
4. Format: Newspaper column format will not be accepted. Text must be presented in portrait with the exception of:
which will be accepted in landscape.
5. Pages: All pages are required to be numbered. This final submission must have no more than 15 pages including all text, graphs and images. Note: This does not include the cover page.
A contents page is not accepted
Hyperlinks are not to be included within your submission
PDF Size - Your submission must be no more than 10MB
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, Thursday the 8th of May 2014. Late entries will not be accepted. Please plan to get your submission in early.
What do I Submit Electronically?
- Nomination details
- Entry details
- A pdf version submission, including cover page.
- A description of no more than 100 words of your company/product, which will be used by media, for announcements at the presentation ceremony, in promotional material and on website listings. As this will be edited and compiled by people who have not viewed your submission please remember to include your company/product name and where you are located geographically.
- Five images - JPEG format only, illustrating the entrant's operation should accompany each submission in each category entered. By supplying images, you ensure maximum exposure at the presentation ceremony and in official advertising and publications (Note: 300 dpi files in a JPEG format are preferred).
- Double check your PDF document before uploading - once it has been submitted no correspondence will be entered into. Make sure all pages are there, the number of pages does not exceed the 15 page maximum (excluding the conver page and contents page) and ensure that all tables, images, maps etc are clear and easy to read.
All information submitted is strictly confidential. All persons, for example Yorke Peninsula Tourism, Awards Coordinators and judges, who may come into contact with your submission, are each required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Accommodation categories only are subject to a site visit. The purpose of the site visit assessment is two-fold; verification of essential business practices e.g. risk management. The site visit will be prearranged at a mutually convenient time and the judges have a proforma from which they work.
Yorke Peninsula Tourism Awards judging is conducted by a volunteer panel of industry peers appointed by Yorke Peninsula Tourism. Judges are selected for their knowledge and experience, and for their willingness to commit time to the Awards process and are convened specifically for the Tourism Awards.
The site visit assessment is worth a further 20 points which is then added to the submission score, with the maximum amount of points in total being 120.
Please ensure your submission is lodged by email to email@example.com, by 4pm, Thursday 8th May 2014.
By entering the Yorke Peninsula Tourism Awards, you authorise the use and/or reproduction of images and the 100-word description provided in relation to any editorial/advertising purposes initiated in conjunction with the awards.
Your contact details may also be supplied to agencies engaged on behalf of award organisers/committees for promotional purposes.
Under no circumstances will judges, Yorke Peninsula Tourism or the South Australian Tourism Industry Council be held responsible for any comment, viewpoint or expression, whether expressed or implied, concerning the standard or quality of an entrant’s submission. By nominating you agree to the ‘terms and conditions’ and are not to bring a claim against any Judge, Yorke Peninsula Tourism or the South Australian Tourism Industry Councilin relation to feedback on your submission.
The decisions of the Yorke Peninsula Tourism Awards Judging Panel is final.
For further advice and information contact Jo Barrie or Nicole Page from Yorke Peninsula Tourism on (08) 8821 2663 or Jasmine Pohl from the South Australian Tourism Industry Council on (08) 8110 0123 or visit our website www.satourismawards.com.au.