Research & Surveys
SATIC Tourism Barometer
The SATIC Tourism Barometer is an independent quarterly survey of SATIC members designed to measure recent activity and the outlook for the future.
A member business sentiment survey is conducted online and the results are combined with the IVS and NVS statistics collected by Tourism Research Australia to produce the SATIC Tourism Barometer.
South Australian Tourism Commission
The SA Tourism Commission provides a series of information and statistics to inform the tourism industry in South Australia. There is a wide range of market research and industry data available including tourism demand, tourism trends, international market profiles, regional tourism profiles and reports, accommodation supply and the economic impact of the industry.
Tourism Research Australia
Tourism Research Australia is Australia's leading provider of quality tourism intelligence across both international and domestic markets. They equip industry with information to strengthen their marketing and business decisions. Their data underpins government tourism policy and helps improve the performance of the tourism industry.
Research analysts, forecasters, economists and communication professionals are committed to producing robust tourism research and analysis, which includes:
- results from the International Visitor Survey (IVS) and National Visitor Survey (NVS)
- State of the Industry report, which assesses the current performance of the tourism industry and the emerging trends that will affect the industry
- key information about travellers, including demographics; expenditure; places visited; activities; accommodation; and transportation
- biannual forecasts of tourism activity for the next ten years
- tourism business and employment data
- economic impact data
- regional expenditure data
- customised research at a regional level (Destination Visitor Surveys).
Tourism Australia regularly provides consumer demand research, market profiles and quarterly market updates, plus industry forecasts and strategic insights into Australia's tourism industry. The reports serve to cover issues such as:
The value of tourism to the Australian economy
Current marketing dynamics; and
Emerging trends in relation to tourism consumer and trade
Australian Bureau of Statistics
The Australian Bureau of Statistics provides statistics on a wide range of economic and social matters, serving government, business and the general population, as well as producing statistics on a range of tourism related activities, including overseas arrivals and departures; the tourism satellite account; and tourist accommodation.