SATIC provides a range of support services, resources and assistance to its members such as training, accreditation, certification, awards, business to business networks, communication and information.
Becoming a member of the South Australian Tourism Industry Council is important to you and to South Australian tourism.
Tourism is everybody’s business and everyone is encouraged to join.
Members of SATIC include: hospitality businesses; events; accommodation providers; wineries; restaurateurs; airlines; retailers; tour operators; legal, accountancy and professional firms; attractions; developers; training providers; local government agencies; travel agencies; and regional tourism organisations.
Please note: Membership of SATIC is included in the accreditation fees for Australian Tourism Accreditation Programa, Climate Action Certification, Respecting our Culture and Ecotourism Austalia accredited operators in South Australia, however participation in a tourism accreditation program is not a prerequisite for membership.
- Links to key Government agencies.
- Policy development and legislative issues / changes.
- Access to National Tourism Alliance.
- Focused media attention on key tourism issues.
- Special member-only offers with other members and partners.
Business Education & Skill Solutions
- Education & information.
- Opportunity to attend tourism training and the State-wide tourism conference at the discounted member rate.
Quality Assurance and Business Excellence
- Australian Tourism Accreditation program.
- Ecotourism and Climate Action Certification programs.
- South Australian Tourism Awards.
Networking & Information
- Access to member-only content on www.satic.com.au.
- Member to member connections.
- Industry networking events at member rates; as well as member exclusive events.
- Direct communication, including monthly SATIC Snapshot and From the Chief Executive.
Engagement in Industry Directions
- Voting rights and ability to nominate for a position on the Board.
- Opportunity to participate in committees and working groups.
- Regular member e-surveys.
Benefits for accredited members:
- Inclusion on SATIC's quality tourism website www.qualitytourismsouthaustralia.com.au for consumers.
- Ability to display the nationally recognised Accreditation tick.
- Discount on entry into South Australian Tourism Awards.
- Regular communication to keep you up to date with information that may affect your business.
Getaways Reservation Service
HALL OF FAME 2011 Specialised Tourism Services
A major contributing factor we attribute to our success is that we have Tourism Accreditation and have always entered the South Australian Tourism Awards, this is our preferred way of reassessing the previous year’s achievements and identifying any potential areas of improvement or innovation.
Steve and Kym Brown