Australian Tourism Accreditation
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) is suitable for all tourism businesses. It is not an onerous or prescriptive process; it is designed to apply to each individual business and to assist you in quality management practices.
ATAP not only allows you to update your businesses policies and procedures, it provides you with valuable links to business development tools, templates and business examples.
The Tourism Accreditation 'tick' highlights tourism businesses that are endoresed by the tourism industry as quality assured.
Accredited tourism businesses are recognised as professional, ethical and reliable operators, which deliver high quality tourism experiences.
What are the benefits?
- Displaying the 'tick' provides a competitive marketing advantage and increased consumer confidence.
- Business tools and templates to assist in best practice management.
- A complete customer feedback management service, results are collated and sent to you monthly.
- Membership with the South Australian Tourism Industry Council (SATIC)
- Discounts on participation in SATIC events, seminars and training
- Discounts on advertising in selected SA Tourism Commission publications
- Subsidies for participation at International Trade & Consumer Shows
- Extended 3 year licencing for Commercial Tour Operators to operate in SA National Parks
- Promotion through consumer websites: www.qualitytourismsouthaustralia.com.au and www.southaustralia.com
- Promotion through a national marketing campaign encouraging travellers to 'Trust the Tick!'
- ATAP is endorsed under T-QUAL, with the associated benefits.
4 Easy Steps to becoming ATAP Accredited
Step 1 - Register
Download and complete your Registration Form (with payment).
Step 2 - Access ATAP Online
Once registered, you will be issued with a username and password to access ATAP Online.
ATAP Online has been designed for you to work progressively through the accreditation criteria and includes a number of templates and examples that can be modified to suit your business.
Step 3 - Complete & Submit
We recommend that you complete your ATAP Online application as soon as possible. The less time spent completing the application means a longer period gaining the full value of being accredited.
Once completed, your application will be forwarded to SATIC for review. If more information is required or you have not met the standard for accreditation, you will be informed in writing of any areas that need improvement. You will then have the opportunity to revise your submission until accreditation is achieved.
2 hours of onsite assistance is available free of charge for registered operators (value $100).
Additional onsite assistance is provided at $50/hour.
Step 4 - Congratulations - you are Accredited!
On successful completion of the review you will become an accredited tourism business and a member of the South Australian Tourism Industry Council (SATIC). You will receive access to the 'tick' logo, the online customer feedback tool , a certificate and marketing material.
On-site visits are conducted periodically to encourage continual improvement and ensure the credibility of the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program. Initial onsite visits are conducted within the first 6-12 months of achieving accreditation. Continual onsite visits take place every second to third year. Onsite visits are pre-arranged and all information sighted is treated as strictly confidential.
Contents of the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program:
- Business Details
- Licences & Permits: Confirms your business has all the required licences and permits.
- Insurance Details
- Business Plan: Detail your business history and background, future goals and action plans.
- Marketing Plan: Identify your market and competitors; plan your marketing strategy, goals and budgets.
- Customer Service: Outline your customer service procedures, booking and cancellation policies, customer feedback and complaints handling processes.
- Business Operating Systems: Review and outline your operating systems.
- Human Resource Management: Consider all matters relating to employing staff, from recruitment to induction and training.
- Risk Management: Implementation of risk management plans, as well as emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Economic Sustainability and Financial Systems: Ensure up-to-date record keeping.
- Environmental Management: Demonstrate your commitment to sustainable environmental practices.
- Social & Cultural Sustainability: Describe how your business benefits and respects the local community.
- Continuous Improvement: Reflect on your achievements and proposed future actions and innovations.
- Code of Practice, Fees & Final Check
Annual fees* are based on the number of full-time equivalent staff within the business.
(2 part time or 3 casual staff = 1 full time staff member)
|Number of Staff||Annual Fee*|
|1 - 5||$250|
|6 - 15||$450|
|16 - 50||$910|
Assistance is provided free of charge to registered operators for a maximum of two hours.
Membership with the South Australian Tourism Industry Council is included in the annual accreditation fee (once accreditation is achieved).
*Accreditation applies to each registered business / trading name. In the case of a company with no legal requirement for trading names then accreditation applies to the company name. An operator with one registered business name with additional products of the same type (e.g. accommodation) under that registered business name is covered under the one accreditation. Auditing will occur on any of the additional products at the decision of the accreditation auditor. An operator with one business name but operates two different types of product (ie accommodation and touring) then both products would need to be accredited separately.
The Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP) certifies tourism businesses that meet specific quality assurance criteria ensuring they are committed to exceeding consumer expectations with great customer service and the highest standards of business practice. All ATAP accredited businesses undertake regular onsite audits to ensure compliance.
Accommodation, Tour, Attraction and Hire businesses accredited under the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program can be found on SATIC Consumer website - Quality Tourism South Australia
Additional businesses accredited under the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program are:
Loxton Christmas Lights
|Small Accreditation stickers (32 stickers per sheet)||$2.00 per sheet|
|19cm diameter Window Sticker||$6.00 each|
|Small WIndow Decal Sticker||$2.50 each|
Accreditation Customer Feedback Postcards
Customer Feedback Postcards can be purchased for $40.00 for 100.
For more information the Customer Feedback Service offered to accredited members click here
For any retail purchases please contact SATIC or 08 8110 0123