- Australian Tourism Accreditation
- Ecotourism Certification
- Climate Action Certification
- Respecting Our Culture
- Accreditation Updates
- Camp / Adventure Activity Accreditation Program
What is the ROC Program?
Respecting Our Culture (ROC) is an accreditation program designed for any tourism business that includes Indigenous content or enters into land significant to Indigenous people.
ROC ensures certified tourism experiences meet professional and sustainable standards and operate with respect for Indigenous cultural heritage.
What are the benefits:
- A practical guide to implement sound business principles, ecologically sustainable practices and culturally responsible initiatives.
- Use of an internationally recognised logo on your marketing material.
- Promotion of your product/s by Ecotourism Australia and inclusion in the Green Travel Guide.
- Profiled in EcoBytes once certified, plus the opportunity to showcase new innovations and news.
- Promotion at international trade shows such as ATE, ITB and JAM.
- Extended 5 year licencing for Commercial Tour Operators to operate in SA National Parks
- Park agencies consider ECO Certification and ROC in the application process for special permits.
- 25% discount to the annual Eco Conference.
- Membership with the South Australian Tourism Industry Council.
4 Easy Steps to becoming ROC Certified
Step 1 - Register
Visit the Ecotourism Australia website
Step 2 - Complete the workbook
Complete the self assessment criteria.
Step 3 - Submit your application
Submit your application to Ecotourism Australia for independent assessment: PO Box 881, Fortitude Valley, QLD, 4006.
On successful completion of assessment you will be notified of ROC Certification.
Step 4 - Onsite audit
An onsite audit will be conducted with the first 3 years of applying to ensure the standards of certification are being maintained.
ECO & ROC Certification Criteria:
- Business Management and Operational Planning
- Business Ethics
- Responsible Marketing
- Customer Satisfaction
- Natural Area and/or Cultural Focus
- Environmental Management
- Interpretation and Education
- Contribution to Conservation
- Working with Local Communities
- Cultural Respect and Sensitivity
Note: If you have already achieved tourism accreditation with the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program, you will receive credit for Section 1.
Respecting Our Culture Certification Fees
ROC fees are based on your business' gross annual turn over.
|Your Gross Annual Turnover||Initial Application Fee||Annual Fee|
|less than $250,000||$345||$410|
|$250,001 - $1,000,000||$395||$605|
|$1,000,001 - $5,000,000||$495||$845|
|$5,000,001 - $10,000,000||$595||$1,005|
|more than $10,000,000||$795||$1,115|
Aboriginal Cultural Tours - Adjahdura Land, Yorke Peninsula, SA
Arkaroola Wilderness Sanctuary, Arkaroola, SA
Diverse Travel Australia, Thebarton, SA
Just Cruisin 4WD Tours, Blewitt Springs, SA