Who is SATIC?
The South Australian Tourism Industry Council (SATIC) is the peak body for South Australia's tourism industry.
SATIC membership provides solutions to your everyday business challenges.
We offer members the latest news and information, connections to other tourism and event professionals, input to our 'one voice' policy agenda, training and invaluable business advice to help you thrive and avoid pitfalls.
SATIC works tirelessly as a respected advocate, supporter of industry, powerful ally, and partner to your business. We are your voice.
To engage, represent, strengthen and empower the South Australian tourism industry contributing to sustainable growth.
To be a strong and valued industry body representing members and actively contributing to the growth of profitable tourism businesses.
Top 5 reasons to join SATIC
1. Advocacy - We create a credible and unified voice for the tourism industry providing leadership for the future.
2. Connect - We provide linkages, knowledge and tools to help our members increase profitability.
3. Business development - We work with allied agencies to create efficiencies that provide a benefit to your business.
4. Training - We deliver training, business development support and offer your tourism business a help-line.
5. Community - We provide your business with opportunities to connect and collaborate with other SATIC members and businesses.
SATIC assists members by enhancing their sustainability and profitability. Our programs and events include:
- Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- Tourism Awards Program and Gala Dinner
- State-wide Tourism Conference
- Service Excellence Training
- Talking Tourism Networking Series
- SA Branch Manager for the Australian Tourism Export Council and its International Ready programs
- Partnership with Ecotourism Australia's certification programs
- Regulatory reform and reducing business costs
- Developing small businesses and regional tourism
- Economic, social and environmental sustainability in tourism
- Public investment in transport, destination marketing and tourism infrastructure
- Assisting members with affordable training, marketing, research and product development
- Creating exciting and enjoyable experiences, events and careers for members
What type of Member are you?
- Industry Leader - This level provides the opportunity to influence, lead and advocate for tourism at a State level.
- Business Owner - Access to a variety of our business programs and part of the SATIC online community. This level provides access to tools and services needed by business to become more competitive, productive and profitable.
- Supporter of Tourism - Ideal for businesses and individuals who have an interest in the tourism industry. This level provides access to the latest updates on the tourism industry and opportunity to attend networking/training events.
What our Members have to say...
To us, the main benefit of SATIC membership is knowing there is a dedicated team of professional, knowledgeable people who can assist with any issue which may affect our tourism business. SATIC staff are objective, resourceful and able to represent our industry sector at a political level and across other industry bodies. As a small business this gives me confidence that our views are well represented at a level that can make a difference. - Sharyn Rogers, Seppeltsfield Vineyard Cottage
As the City of Adelaide continues to grow and evolve, so too has the ongoing need for Council to be across the latest tourism trends and opportunities. Being a member of SATIC enables Council to engage with industry partners, learn for our peers and collaborate with key tourism stakeholders. It also provides us with access to useful information and research which helps inform our strategic planning and day-to-day operations, and identify opportunities to support and assist the industry in the future. - Noami Marsh, Adelaide City Council
We see SATIC as an important part of the tourism industry supplying the grass roots help for small tourism businesses such as ourselves. It supplies valuable opportunities to participate in conferences and professional development which would be out of (our) reach. We have used the submission process as a means of evaluating and growing our business. - Cathy Edmonds, The Frames
For all membership enquiries, please contact SATIC's Membership and Events Manager, Anneliese Powell on (08) 8110 0123 or email email@example.com